This free project plan offers easy, step-by-step instructions for building your very own mini whiteboard. It’s a great project to do along with your students for the back-to-school season.
This mini whiteboard is built with Simpson Strong-Tie Outdoor Accents® fasteners and connectors. Our black powder-coated hardware gives the whiteboard a modern look while staying strong and secure. We’ve included all the tools and materials you’ll need and provided a cut list so that you can to follow along and build it with your kids.
- 7/32” drill bit
- Table saw
- Tape measure
- (8) SD10112BB — Outdoor Accents® Connector Screw
- (2) SDWS22312DBB — Outdoor Accents® Structural Wood Screw
- (2) APRTA Rigid Tie® Angle — Black powder-coated rigid tie angle
Cut and Prep List:
- (4) 1 ½” X 1 ½” cut to 11 ¼” wood piece
- Cut a blade-width channel 3/8” deep along center. Deepen channel to 7/16” if board is actually 9”x12”.
- Predrill for SDWS (Outdoor Accents® Structural Wood Screw)