With the weather warming up, you’re probably looking forward to enjoying some sun with a cold drink in hand. Our build-it-yourself mobile cooler allows you to host outdoor gatherings in style and will keep your refreshments chilled for hours so your guests can help themselves without continued trips to the house. Stay cool and party on.
Blending an off-the-shelf cooler with the right lumber and Outdoor Accents® decorative hardware, this piece exudes cool and provides ample storage. Learn more about how to build this mobile cooler with our plans and materials listed below.
Download the plans for this DIY Mobile Cooler here.
- Spade drill bits 5/8″ and 3/4″
- Impact driver
- Brad nailer or finish nails
- Circular saw or miter saw
- Table saw
- Tape measure
- Wood glue
Connectors and Fasteners
(4) T Strap APT4
(1) 1 lb. box of 1″ wood screws (generic wood screws)
1½” brad nails or finish nails
(2) 10″ flat free wheels
(2) 5/8″ x 6″ carriage bolts with nuts and washers
(2) 3/4″ black iron floor flanges
(2) 3/4″ x 12″ black steel nipples
(2) 3/4″ black iron caps
(1) 1 1/16″ x 30″ oil-rubbed bronze continuous hinge
(1) 70-quart Igloo® cooler
(1) 5 3/4″ black door pull
(1) 1/2″ brass FPT x MHT sillcock valve
(1) 1/2″ x 6″ cutoff riser
(1) 1/2″ PVC female adapter slip/threaded
(1) flat black spray paint
Find more do-it-yourself project plans at strongtie.com/diy.